My daughter and I did some rainy day baking, I was only allowed to help with the oven 😁💪 This is her favorite blueberry muffin recipe 🙂
- 1⁄2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
I stumbled across three recipes today and they all looked so delicious that I had to try it! I’ve been trying to eat healthier and I’m on the search for easy and delicious recipes. I ate this salad for dinner with turkey that I seasoned with spicy taco seasoning mmmhmmmm!
Here’s the recipe
1 lb Roma tomatoes
1 English cucumber
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
2 avocados, diced
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
1/4 cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped
1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Gently stir all the ingredients together, add the salt and pepper just before serving.
Here we have my favorite Indian sweet with a Caribbean twist, goolab jamoon. The fragrant, rich dough is heavenly. It’s the second sweet that I learned make from my mama *grandmother*. Now I’ve visited a couple Indian restaurants in the US and whenever I order the goolab jamoon I get something totally different! It’s these round balls soaked in syrup. Which leads me to believe that the recipe must have changed on its way to the Caribbean from India.
Nevertheless both are deliciously sweet and I can easily eat them all in one sitting 😂😂
1 cup butter
4 cups flour
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup oil for frying
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
4 cups water
1. Rub butter into the flour, cardamom and powdered milk until crumbly
2. Add the other milks to the flour and knead lightly to combine. * Or use a food processor with dough blade*
3. Form almond shapes about 2 inches long and deep fry until golden brown
4. Boil sugar, ginger and water to a thick syrup (it should spin a thread when the spoon is raised)
5. Pour syrup over the chief goolab jamoon and stir continuously until the sugar crystallizes .
This is my favorite topping for a baked potato or steak! So fresh and herby, definitely a must try!
1/2 cup butter slightly softened
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
2 tbsp chives finely chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
2. Scoop mixture into plastic wrap and roll into a log, refrigerate until firm.
Use this yummy compound butter on steaks, shrimp, steamed veggies, baked potatoes or in soups and stews. The possibilities are endless!
Ok so I’m not that good with coming up with food names, but its delicious and you should give it a try! It almost felt like summer…until I glanced at the thermometer… Brrrrr *shiv…
Source: Grilled Salmon and zoodles…caroodles?!?
I’m backkkkk!!! Sorry I’ve been away so long, but life sometimes gets in the way. I’ve missed my followers and I’m excited to get back into all things food! So let’s start with this yummy Alfredo Sauce recipe I found today on food.com, I’ve adjusted it to suit my taste. You have to try this super creamy sauce soon! Pair it with some blackened or spicy grilled chicken or shrimp and you’re golden!
16 ounces linguine
4 cloves garlic chopped finely
1 1⁄2 pints heavy cream
1⁄2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
1. Put butter in large saucepan on medium heat, add chopped garlic and cook for about 30 secs, add cream cheese, let melt, stir in 1 pint of heavy cream.
2. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup at a time.
4. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper if desired. Simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
5. If sauce seems to be really thick then slowly stir in the rest of heavy cream.
6. Toss pasta with sauce, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
NOTE : I love using fresh broccoli, so I sautéed about 4 cups of broccoli in a little butter with 4 cloves chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and a little sea salt. Then I added it to the sauce.
Season’s greetings to all! Sorry for my absence but I’ve been totally swamped! So much has happened recently and now my mom is visiting with my family and we’ve been having a great time! But my most favorite thing is cooking with her! I just pulled out my recipes to get ready for the big day and I thought I should share my favorite spicy turkey recipe.
I’ve collaborated with MyFridgeFood and here’s the link with detailed instructions and pics! Cajun Spicy Turkey
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I can’t wait to see what you guys cook up wherever you are! 🍗🍗🍗
Hey guys! Just took a quick walk through my garden to see if anything was ready for picking and I think I found some blue ribbon material! Feast your eyes upon my enormous zucchini! It’s currently a little over 2 feet long and heavy! I’ve never seen one this big and I’m on the lookout for a competition to enter!
I also have some tomatoes, green beans, corn, bittermelon, cilantro and chives ready to be picked!
Here are a couple roses that went a little crazy after months and months of no rain. We finally had 3 days of showers!
I hope your gardens are doing well! Happy growing! 🌱🌹🌿🌺
SOOOO… no dessert?! what to do? Chocolate cake in the microwave in less than five minutes and minimal clean up?!? What?!? YES PLEASE PASS IT OVER HERE!
I stumbled across this recipe from A Table for Two and I just had to try it as the chocolate cravings were stabbing me in head! You have to try this! Mix it up, add more stuff, I used chocolate and peanut butter chips!
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar (I added an extra tsp)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix in oil and milk until batter is smooth with no lumps
- Pour into a microwave safe mug with enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over
- Drop chocolate spread or chips or whatever floats your boat in the middle, no need to push it down.
- Put a paper towel in the microwave and place mug on top of paper. Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
And that’s it folks! Warm, moist chocolate cake in under 5 mins! Your tummy will thank you! 😀