Jerk chicken….Don’t mind if I do! I absolutely love Jamaican food, but jerk chicken is easily my favorite, it’s so spicy, savory and slow cooked to perfection! If I had to eat this everyday for the rest of my life I wouldn’t complain!… well maybe after a month I might get a little bothered 😉
The best part is how easy it is to make! My marinade of choice is Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. I let my chicken marinate for a day or more, and then I toss it in the oven at 350 F for 45 mins, and then move the chicken to the grill over medium low heat. Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and let the meat slowly cook and the sauce to caramelize beautifully. Let cool, then cut and serve with pasta salad, rice and peas, fried plantains and maybe even a couple of festivals! Which reminds me, I really want to eat a festival now… *drools*
- Whole chicken quartered
- Jerk seasoning marinade *I prefer Walkerswood hot and spicy*
- Lime juice
- Cut chicken into quarters and wash with lime juice.
- Add 2 oz of marinade per pound of chicken.*I love Walkerswood jerk marinade but there are other brands*
- Massage marinade into meat as well as under the skin. *please wear gloves if you don’t want your hands to be on fire*
- Let chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or over night for intense heat and flavor.
- Bake chicken at 350F for 45 mins. Reserve about 1/4 cup of drippings.
- Add the drippings to 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce and reduce.
- Put chicken on grill over medium to low heat and baste with your sauce.
- Cook until finished!