- 1/2 lb sliced button mushrooms (crimini works as well)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and onions; let them cook slowly, over medium heat, until the mushrooms are getting a little brown and the onions are nice and soft, about 20 minutes.
- While there’s still some moisture left from the mushrooms, add the Worcestershire sauce, pepper flakes and garlic salt.
- The mixture will thicken and it’s ready to serve.
- Serve with grilled steak and use leftovers for omelets.