- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs fresh crisp asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper(to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat until garlic becomes golden and oil becomes fragrant; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus pieces with infused olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet (one with a side edge).
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve hot.