- 6 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( i use 2 tsps because i live on the edge)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- cooking spray
- extra brown sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon potato mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray or you can use individual ramekins. Sprinkle extra brown sugar evenly over top. Broil 2 minutes or until sugar melts. Let stand until melted sugar hardens (about 5 minutes).