Peach cobbler is probably the easiest dessert I make and it’s just perfect for a treat on a warm afternoon. My poor peach tree is struggling, so I used canned peaches this time around. But I have some hope because I spied a couple rosy pink buds forming!
Try this recipe, I’m sure it will fall into your regular recipe rotation 🙂
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup room temperature milk
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 (28 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in milk & egg.
- Pour evenly over melted butter.
- Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR!
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°F until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.