I absolutely love Jamaican food, but jerk pork is one of my favorites, it’s so spicy, savory and juicy and mouth watering and you get the point! Pair this up with some rice and peas and salsa and fried plantains and a couple festivals *a sweet fried dough* and BAM! You’re an islander ha!
The best part is how easy it is to make! My marinade of choice is Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. I let my pork marinate for a day or more, and then I toss it in the oven at 350 F for 35 mins, and then move the pork to the grill over medium low heat. Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and let the meat slowly cook and the sauce to caramelize beautifully. Let cool, then cut and serve.
- Country style pork ribs ( you can use chops too)
- Jerk seasoning marinade *I prefer Walkerswood hot and spicy*
- Lime juice
- Wash the pork with lime juice.
- Add 1-2 ozs of marinade per pound of pork.*I love Walkerswood jerk marinade but there are other brands*
- Massage marinade into meat. *please wear gloves if you don’t want your hands to be on fire*
- Let pork marinate for at least 2 hours or over night for intense heat and flavor.
- Bake pork at 350F for 30 mins. Reserve about 1/4 cup of drippings.
- Add the drippings to 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce and reduce.
- Put pork on grill over medium to low heat and baste with your sauce.
- Cook until finished!