I’ve realised that inviting people over and telling me 20 minutes before they arrive is a genetic trait of my husband and it’s now presenting itself in my son *slaps forehead* *mutters curses*
Yesterday I had to come up with a very quick dinner and a treat for his little friends. Baking a cake or cookies would take too long, jello takes forever to set and pie takes even longer than forever. As I stood there staring into my pantry I noticed a box of rice krispies in the corner! EUREKA! Rice krispy treats! Quick, easy and done in less than 10 minutes, perfect!
I fancied it up a little with some left over Reese’s Pieces from Easter * Ok ok I keep a secret stash in my underwear draw because that’s the only place none of my kids or the hubs would look in 😀 You can try adding sprinkles, m&m’s, or whatever you have on hand….well….maybe not sardines.
Here’s my quick recipe!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 16 oz mini marshmellows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispies ( rice cereal)
- chocolate chips
- reese’s pieces or m&m’s or chocolate chips for toppings
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmellows and stir frequently until melted.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour in rice krispies and a handful of chocolate chips and stir well.
- Remove from heat and pour into a pan and let cool a little.
- Spray hands with cooking spray or a little oil (this keeps it from sticking to your skin) and press until flat and smooth.
- Add more toppings on top and press in! Easy peasy!