SOOOO… no dessert?! what to do? Chocolate cake in the microwave in less than five minutes and minimal clean up?!? What?!? YES PLEASE PASS IT OVER HERE!
I stumbled across this recipe from A Table for Two and I just had to try it as the chocolate cravings were stabbing me in head! You have to try this! Mix it up, add more stuff, I used chocolate and peanut butter chips!
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar (I added an extra tsp)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix in oil and milk until batter is smooth with no lumps
- Pour into a microwave safe mug with enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over
- Drop chocolate spread or chips or whatever floats your boat in the middle, no need to push it down.
- Put a paper towel in the microwave and place mug on top of paper. Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
And that’s it folks! Warm, moist chocolate cake in under 5 mins! Your tummy will thank you! 😀