If you need something quick and easy *and low carb* that you can make ahead for breakfast, give this a try! It’s a favorite in my home and you can change-up the ingredients! I’ll use whatever I have on hand! Spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, bacon, sausage and extra cheese, go wild! 😁😁
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 slices deli ham or turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (cheddar is yum too!)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and spray a muffin tin with non fat cooking spray.
2. Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and saute the onions until they become translucent. Add the spinach and garlic and continue to saute until wilted. Remove from heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper until frothy. Stir in the spinach mixture and cheese.
4. Push the ham into each muffin hole by gently pressing it in the bottom so the ham creates the crust for the quiche. Try to make sure the ham isn’t sticking to far over the edge or it will burn during cooking.
5. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin hole and cook for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked through and becomes fluffy.
6. These are great warm or cold and will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator.