I’m backkkkk!!! Sorry I’ve been away so long, but life sometimes gets in the way. I’ve missed my followers and I’m excited to get back into all things food! So let’s start with this yummy Alfredo Sauce recipe I found today on food.com, I’ve adjusted it to suit my taste. You have to try this super creamy sauce soon! Pair it with some blackened or spicy grilled chicken or shrimp and you’re golden!
16 ounces linguine
4 cloves garlic chopped finely
1 1⁄2 pints heavy cream
1⁄2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
1. Put butter in large saucepan on medium heat, add chopped garlic and cook for about 30 secs, add cream cheese, let melt, stir in 1 pint of heavy cream.
2. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup at a time.
4. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper if desired. Simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
5. If sauce seems to be really thick then slowly stir in the rest of heavy cream.
6. Toss pasta with sauce, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
NOTE : I love using fresh broccoli, so I sautéed about 4 cups of broccoli in a little butter with 4 cloves chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and a little sea salt. Then I added it to the sauce.