I’ve been on a bread baking spree! I have to share this delicious recipe from twopeasandtheirpod. Check it out here!
yield: 2 LOAVES
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 60-65 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
FOR THE BREAD:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon sugar mixture, eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined, the batter will be thick. Stir in the zucchini and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the loaves on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove the loaves from the pans. Let cool completely on rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the loaves. Slice and serve.