If you love melt in your mouth butter cookies you need to try these! It’s a softer batter so you can pipe easily with it. This is one of my childhood faves ❤️❤️
Do yourself a favor and make a double batch, trust me 😂😋😋
- 9 oz butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter in stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer) and mix until creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing for 12 mins until it becomes white and creamy.
- Using a spatula mix (sifted) flour into the mixture until completely combined.
- Put batter into a piping bag with a star tip (1/2″ to 1cm)
- Form cookies on the prepared sheets, sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
6. Bake for 12 mins or until the base turns light brown.
7. Let the cookies cool completely before serving.
Here we have my favorite Indian sweet with a Caribbean twist, goolab jamoon. The fragrant, rich dough is heavenly. It’s the second sweet that I learned make from my mama *grandmother*. Now I’ve visited a couple Indian restaurants in the US and whenever I order the goolab jamoon I get something totally different! It’s these round balls soaked in syrup. Which leads me to believe that the recipe must have changed on its way to the Caribbean from India.
Nevertheless both are deliciously sweet and I can easily eat them all in one sitting 😂😂
1 cup butter
4 cups flour
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup oil for frying
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
4 cups water
1. Rub butter into the flour, cardamom and powdered milk until crumbly
2. Add the other milks to the flour and knead lightly to combine. * Or use a food processor with dough blade*
3. Form almond shapes about 2 inches long and deep fry until golden brown
4. Boil sugar, ginger and water to a thick syrup (it should spin a thread when the spoon is raised)
5. Pour syrup over the fried goolab jamoon and stir continuously until the sugar crystallizes .
Chocolate chip cookie brownies in the middle of the day? Yeah… that’s how I roll … and that’s also why my jeans don’t fit… but I don’t care! Who needs pants anyway!
I would like to thank the lovely people at Betty Crocker for creating this marvellous invention! You make my afternoon chocolate cravings so much better! 🙂