Hey guys! So I’m all about quick and easy breakfasts and I’ve added a new recipe to the collection. I found this recipe on BuzzFeed and it is yummy and super easy for a busy morning. As they said “Ain’t nobody got time for that!” 😂😂
Here’s the recipe:
4 cups pancake mix
2 cups milk
1 peach, sliced
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
2. Pour pancake mix, milk, and eggs into a bowl and mix just until combined.
3. Pour batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread to the edges.
4. Place peach slices on top of the batter, followed by the blueberries.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Cut into squares and serve immediately, or freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, place on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 20 seconds per pancake on the plate
Hey guys! I’ve been missing in action for a while, again! But I’m back to cooking and baking and today I tried this wonderful recipe from Two peas in a pod! It’s called chocolate zucchini bread and it’s so moist and delicious I just had to share! And I mean it’s healthy because it has a ton of Zucchini in it 😂😂
I followed the recipe pretty closely except I added more sugar because I used unsweetened cocoa and I also used milk and semi sweet chips. To keep the chips from sinking to the bottom, I dusted them with flour before mixing them in.
Here’s the recipe
yield: 1 LOAF
prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time 50 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Stir until smooth. You might have a few small brown sugar clumps and that is fine.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in the shredded zucchini until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
Note-if you use coconut oil, make sure it is melted and slightly cooled. The bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 days. This bread also freezes well. To freeze, cool the bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.
I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier, and lose a little weight, shooting for 25 lbs. So far I’ve lost 15lbs *yay me* but now the weight loss has slowed… or maybe it was that burger and animal fries and milkshake that I had at In n Out 😀 *shhhhh*
My friend and I are trying to cut out carbs, flour and rice, which makes meals a little difficult, since I am a bread fiend *sigh*. But I pulled out my trusty spiralizer and I was determined to make something healthy and delicious. I came up with Roasted lemon, garlic and herb chicken and a mushroom and veggie noodle stir fry.
It’s so much easier to eat veggies when they’re so bright and colorful and it feels like you’re eating pasta 😀 *and who doesn’t love guilt free veggie ‘pasta’*
What are you having for lunch today?