My mini chef and I experimented with pumpkin muffins today and it was quick and super easy! They are moist and yummy, can’t wait to have another for breakfast!
8-ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 package spice cake mix
15-ounces canned pumpkin
Optional: confectioners sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put muffin liners into pan.
2. Beat filling ingredients together until combined.
3. Beat muffin ingredients together until combined. (only use the mix and the pumpkin, nothing else) Batter will be thick.
4. Drop about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each muffin cup, spreading it to cover the bottom.
5. Drop in a level tablespoon of filling.
6. Cover with enough batter to fill the muffin cups full.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
I’m backkkkk!!! Sorry I’ve been away so long, but life sometimes gets in the way. I’ve missed my followers and I’m excited to get back into all things food! So let’s start with this yummy Alfredo Sauce recipe I found today on food.com, I’ve adjusted it to suit my taste. You have to try this super creamy sauce soon! Pair it with some blackened or spicy grilled chicken or shrimp and you’re golden!
16 ounces linguine
4 cloves garlic chopped finely
1 1⁄2 pints heavy cream
1⁄2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
1. Put butter in large saucepan on medium heat, add chopped garlic and cook for about 30 secs, add cream cheese, let melt, stir in 1 pint of heavy cream.
2. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup at a time.
4. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper if desired. Simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
5. If sauce seems to be really thick then slowly stir in the rest of heavy cream.
6. Toss pasta with sauce, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
NOTE : I love using fresh broccoli, so I sautéed about 4 cups of broccoli in a little butter with 4 cloves chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and a little sea salt. Then I added it to the sauce.