Here’s a simple recipe that can be made with fresh or frozen berries. I like to use it over crepes, cheesecake, sweet breads etc 😋😋
3 cups berries ( I like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
2 tbsps lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsps butter
1. Put skillet over medium/low heat and melt butter.
2. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir until dissolved.
3. Add berries and stir gently until the juices spring.
4. If you like a thicker sauce you can mix some cornstarch with cold water and add to the compote and cook for a couple more minutes until thickened.
Serve warm over crepes, or on cheesecake, sweetbreads, muffins, a hamburger 😂 ok maybe not a hamburger.
Hey guys! So I’m all about quick and easy breakfasts and I’ve added a new recipe to the collection. I found this recipe on BuzzFeed and it is yummy and super easy for a busy morning. As they said “Ain’t nobody got time for that!” 😂😂
Here’s the recipe:
4 cups pancake mix
2 cups milk
1 peach, sliced
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
2. Pour pancake mix, milk, and eggs into a bowl and mix just until combined.
3. Pour batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread to the edges.
4. Place peach slices on top of the batter, followed by the blueberries.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Cut into squares and serve immediately, or freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, place on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 20 seconds per pancake on the plate
Today I made my favorite breakfast! I deserved it after a super trying week! My lovely girl, Hailey, fell and hit her mouth pretty hard and now her front tooth is a little wiggly! * I’m so not ready for the missing tooth pictures yet*. So instead of making my usual waffle breakfast on a Sunday morning, I decided to make blueberry pancakes because they would be easier on her sore mouth * poor thing* 😦
Luckily I still had some blueberries left from our last adventure to the Santa Barbara Blueberry Fields. We go every year and fill a couple buckets and I freeze a some baggies so I can have them throughout the year! It’s so beautiful there and they don’t use pesticides! They even encourage you to eat your fill while you’re filling your bucket! 🙂
We always try to see who can find the biggest berries and as usual, I won!! yessss!