Hey guys! I’ve been testing some healthier recipes that I’ve found in books and online. Today’s experiment was cauliflower rice! I hate cauliflower, but this actually had a nice taste 😁😁😋
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower (about 2-3 pounds)
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee (for cooking & flavoring) *you can also try butter or flavored coconut oil*
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or crushed red pepper flakes)
- zest from 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (I used 1 1/2 tbsps ♥️ lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Prep the cauliflower. Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in the food processor bowl and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. This takes about 10 to 15 one-second pulses. You may need to do this in a few batches to avoid overcrowding (which leads to mush).
MIX IT UP!
Replace the lemon zest & juice with lime and swap in cilantro instead of parsley.
Keep the lemon and replace the parsley with fresh or dried rosemary.