SOOOO… no dessert?! what to do? Chocolate cake in the microwave in less than five minutes and minimal clean up?!? What?!? YES PLEASE PASS IT OVER HERE!
I stumbled across this recipe from A Table for Two and I just had to try it as the chocolate cravings were stabbing me in head! You have to try this! Mix it up, add more stuff, I used chocolate and peanut butter chips!
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar (I added an extra tsp)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix in oil and milk until batter is smooth with no lumps
- Pour into a microwave safe mug with enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over
- Drop chocolate spread or chips or whatever floats your boat in the middle, no need to push it down.
- Put a paper towel in the microwave and place mug on top of paper. Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
And that’s it folks! Warm, moist chocolate cake in under 5 mins! Your tummy will thank you! 😀
I grew up in a small village in south Trinidad. Most people in that area are really close-knit but my immediate neighbors are like my family. It feels like I spent as much time in their house as I did in mine!
Aaron *my neighbor closest in age* and I have been buddies forever! He loves my mom’s sweetbread and cakes and I love his mom’s pholourie and egg custard.
It’s funny how we would always know to show up when food was ready! With as much as we ate I’m surprised we don’t weigh 2000lbs! Miss Nelly makes lots of yummy things but her egg custard is the best! It’s so easy to make and you just need a few ingredients. The texture is smooth and light and not too sweet.
I’ve been homesick recently so I decided to make this to ease the heartache a little 💜
- 5 eggs
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk (add a little more if you like a little more sweetness)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger (you can use more or less)
- 1-2 tsps lemon or lime zest
- A pinch of nutmeg
Beat all the ingredients together until combined, bake at 375 F for about 45 mins or until the center sets. ( If you used the whole peel like I did, remove it before baking)
I’ve also just started a facebook page! check me out at www.facebook.com/youngsunshinescooking
I’m bringing this dish to FiestaFriday.net @ Fiesta Friday #62 ! Let’s party with Jess @Cooking Is My Sport! And Prudy @Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs! 🍻🍻🎉