Here’s a simple but delicious pholourie recipe, whenever i feel homesick, this is my go to snack 🙂
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups split peas powder
- 2 packs yeast
- 2 tsps salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsps saffron powder
- 4 tsps minced bandania (or cilantro)
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- minced hot pepper (to taste)
- warm water
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
1. Mix the first 8 ingredients together and add the warm water until you get a semi firm dough
2.Then cup your hand and beat air into the dough
3. Let rest for 30 mins
4. Heat about 1 inch of oil over medium high heat
5. Drop rounded dough by the tbsp into oil and fry until golden
6. Serve with all your favorite condiments, tamarind sauce, mango chutney and pepper sauce.
TIP : Its much easier to use a small to medium cookie scoop to form the pholourie into round balls
My daughter and I did some rainy day baking, I was only allowed to help with the oven 😁💪 This is her favorite blueberry muffin recipe 🙂
- 1⁄2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.